As we move closer towards the day we can welcome you to the salon again, we want to share with you our new salon policies and procedures in preparation for your safe return to the salon
We do not yet have a definite, but we are optimistic for the date set out in his roadmap announcement of 10th May on easing of the lockdown. The roadmap put salons in the hospitality category to reopen on July 13th.
The team have been expanding their knowledge and certifications in sanitation procedures to fight the Covid-19 virus. They are currently being briefed regarding the changes we will be making and will receive training before we re-open. Your health and safety are of the utmost importance to us, so things will be a little different when we return.
To ensure the ongoing safety of our clients, our team and our business we have devised a new strategy which we like to call ‘Team bubbles’.
Each salon will have 2 teams and work on a rolling rota system. Ensuring no team members will cross over thus protecting each ‘bubble” and minimising any potential spread of the virus.
This will reduce the number of stylists in the salon at any one time and therefore minimise potential client numbers. This will also ensure a 2-metre safe distance can easily be achieved at all times. Unfortunately, this means that each team member will now be allocated to work in either Raglan or Monmouth salon only. They will be unable to cross between the two sites, you will be informed which salon your chosen stylist will be based.
- We will also be working extended hours 7 days a week to accommodate people as best we can.
- All services will resume as normal, with the exception to dry hair cutting which will no longer be an available service in the salon.
- Due to the extreme importance of hygiene and safety, all hair must be freshly washed in-salon prior to any cutting service.
- Please be advised, larger technical colour appointments and colour correction will not be priorly during the first initial weeks of re-opening.
What can you expect when you arrive at the salon and what do we ask of you?
- The team will be wearing face coverings and PPE and although not compulsory we encourage you to do the same if this makes you feel more at ease. We do however encourage you to wear a mask during shampooing. We want you to relax and thoroughly enjoy your time with us so please tell us how we can further assist with this.
- Clients will be spaced throughout the salon ensuring a 2-metre safe distance wherever possible.
- Styling station Screens will also be in place and available on request for added protection if required
- On arrival, you will be directed straight to your pre-sanitised styling station where your disposable towel and gown will be set out ready for you.
- At the end of your service, you will checkout in your chair, we are minimising the amount of movement and points of contact you have to make in the salon by managing your journey throughout the service.
- Payment, retail purchasing and re-booking will all take place in your chair using our new wireless tablet software.
- You will notice we will be using a traffic light, Red, Amber and Green signal system so you will know what has been sanitised.
- We will be undertaking pre-appointment consultations to ensure we have the correct service booked out for every guest and we can plan our time so that we do not run over and create situations of too many people in the salon at one time.
We are excited about these changes, and we believe it will make the experience better for guest and stylist. If there are specific requests you have we will accommodate you as best we can. Please do not hesitate to ask. Both salons have been thoroughly deep cleaned, redecorated and an assessment of the equipment and fittings, it is not just the team that may look a little different, we can wait for you to see the changes but most of all we want you to feel safe when you visit us.
There are somethings that we have to ask of you
- Please arrive precisely at your appointment time. If you arrive before you will be asked to wait outside until your appointment time (the salon waiting area will be out of bounds)
- Please be advised, if you are late for an appointment, regrettably we will not be able to carry out your service and your appointment will be rescheduled and any deposit will be lost. No exceptions. This is to ensure appointments run precisely on time through-out the day preventing overlapping clients and a potential build-up of clients in the salon at any one time.
- We will ask you to bring a large carry bag with which to put your jacket and bag so it can be safely stored, hung on provided hooks on your styling station. We also ask you to bring a pen, which you can use without fear of contamination.
- We will be temporarily pausing our refreshment service, so encourage you to bring tea or coffee, water and a snack.
- Magazines will temporarily not be available so please feel free to bring any reading material with you.
- Regretfully we ask that you please ensure you visit the toilet before your appointment as our toilet will also be temporarily out of bounds, fear not … in the case of an emergency, we can relax the toilet lockdown if necessary.
- We will contact you before your service and communicate clearly throughout so you have sufficient instructions about the changes we are making for everyone’s safety.
- We are currently working on a plan to get appointments rescheduled and we will be in contact as soon as we have a definite date.
A massive thank you for your messages of support and goodwill, it means a lot to us at this time. Meanwhile, please remember that should you need product recommendations and advice about your hair we can deliver your favourite products to your door.
Contact us by email:
Or message us on social media.
We will see you very soon
Sending love and good thoughts to you and your loved ones.